Hey everyone, help me on this if you want....

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

brumat

Post by brumat »

State College, PA is getting a major/minor league baseball team and has a contest for its name. I suggested "Anglers", and it has made it to the final five selections. There is a place to vote at www.statecollegebaseball.com . I really don't expect that I'll get squat if I win, no idea and not a concern. I just liked the name and thought it was appropriate for central PA. If you like it, please give me/us a vote. NOW if I could just figure out a way to get the PSU Football team winning again, I'll enjoy my fishing even more. Thanks for any votes.

brumat

Post by brumat »

Not sure why I got on this kick but I never know why I do half the things I do. LOL

brumat

Post by brumat »

I got fifteen replies from another board and very supportive. Don't we all want to see the kids put the game boys down and think about fishing more? That was the underlying idea when I thought of the name. C'mon, just takes a couple of seconds and thanks to anyone that does. Bruce

pvansch1
Administrator

Post by pvansch1 »

Got my vote!
Pete

fl1f1sh

Post by fl1f1sh »

You got my vote too.

Marcelo Calviello
Global Moderator

Post by Marcelo Calviello »

You got mine also

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Post by fishnbanjo »

Me 2!

mac7x
Master Guide

Post by mac7x »

Mine too. I was tempted to vote several times, to practice for the next federal election, but I voted only once.

brumat

Post by brumat »

Just feels good to have some friends, My basic intention when I came up with the name was that I really wish kids nowdays would think more about our sport. I'm as guility as could be as I have two sons. One loves to fish and the other loves baseball." Boing", maybe he'll become an "angler". Lot's of time to go, and besides being on the Oprah and Letterman shows, if I win, I'll still remember your help. PS; my lucky day, a guy from Nigeria is sending me wads of cash as well. Seriously, thanks for the votes and I wouldn't have asked if I thought it was a bad idea. Bruce

brumat

Post by brumat »

I won't know until the end of summer if I won, bummer.

Return to “Forum Announcements”