The Demise of Struble

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

wandering monk
Guide

Re: The Demise of Struble

Post by wandering monk »

I have not made an order from Struble since last summer...and just saw the little paragraph on their home page after reading this thread today. I never read this part of the forum until today...I saw the post about a gathering in Montanna, or I would heve never found out until I tried to re order from struble...

I stocked up with my favorite teak inserts back in August...and had no idea...I just took it for granted that they would be here forever...and dont really keep up with this sort of stuff... :-[

anyone with another good source for the wood inserts & basic skeltons would be appreciated...(web site etc w/ pics)...here is what I am looking for...of course less the antler butt...very "plainish"...but the teak I really like...I have contemplated setting up a mini lathe...but I already have so many set ups with other rod and net props in my very small shop...buying the teak inserts was a nice luxury for me. the skeltons in the pic are from Batson...I have two or three of the strubles left( it was an upgrade for me to use their seat skeltons too)...but now that I know they arent being produced anymore I will go back to the Batsons or find a new source...

hopefully a skelton at or around the 40 dollar range, and insert 10-15 or so...also as before compatabile with bamboo (ID .400-.420") and the struble teak style insert/skelton etc...here we go again...darn it! I thought I finally had a combo for me that I liked...

thanks...t
Last edited by wandering monk on 04/05/13 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
ted...trout bum/artist
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

henrysdad
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by henrysdad »

I wish you luck. It's really hit or miss, mostly miss now. I saw some inserts and a few pieces of hardware here, but I am not certain their website is current. I have no financial interest, but have purchased from them a couple of times and everything went well.
Tom

http://www.therodroom.com/shop/pc/home.asp

wandering monk
Guide

Post by wandering monk »

I just got a response from Jeff Pentecost at Struble...he is looking into the inventory to see what he has left that I used in the past...

he told me they would like to eventually make seats etc again...I wish them luck...we need American Mfgrs.t
ted...trout bum/artist
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

North Pole

Post by North Pole »

I read a very nice article the other day and will try to find the link. Struble was sold and is back in business. All manufacturing, including making reel seats again, will be done in the U.S. in my old stomping grounds of Big Timber, Montana.
Last edited by North Pole on 02/13/21 05:34, edited 1 time in total.

North Pole

Post by North Pole »

Here's the article/interview from January 2021:

http://thefiberglassmanifesto.blogspot. ... y-got.html

Return to “Forum Announcements”