LL Bean's Featherweight Rod

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Vintagestick
Master Guide

LL Bean's Featherweight Rod

Post by Vintagestick »

Okay,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but who picked up that wonderful LL Bean Featherweight Rod the other day on the well known auction site?

I had the opening bid for days, but my modest bid was quickly passed the last two days. I thought it would compliment my Phillipson's Bean DF rod I recently acquired. Oh well...Ha, Ha.

I hope someone on the forum bought this rod. If so, I look forward to hearing how well it fishes.

-Rich

DWWoodJr

Re: LL Bean's Featherweight Rod

Post by DWWoodJr »

Hi Rich: I am the guilty party. I just received delivery at our home in West Chester, Pennsylvania, of the Featherweight, but I can’t inspect it until tomorrow as I am spending the weekend in the Pocono Mountains at Pohoqualine, the oldest fishing club in Pennsylvania, (125 years old). I plan to use it in our lovely EV rated stream. Trust me, it will be babied and loved but put to its designed use, catching fish! I have what I call a “harem” of lovely aged but not over-aged bamboo rods. Like a mahraja I have the problem of deciding which member of the harem I will spend the afternoon with. Such a hardship all should have. I will be sure to report the successes and triumphs of this lovely rod.
Respectfully
Dave Wood

Woodlakejag
Master Guide

Post by Woodlakejag »

That rod was advertised as Edwards but it was actually made by the Amherst Fishing Rod Company. Not that it matters, I prefer the AFRCo rods to gene rods anyway, and in my opinion they’re harder to find.
Enjoy it.
George
Facebook - Bamboo Fly Rod Identification and Value
Instagram - vintagebambooflyrods

RMorrison
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by RMorrison »

Pretty cool that Rich posts about a neat cane rod sold on a place the size of eBay and it turns out someone here bought it. And replied. That’s just awesome.

hopkintoncane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by hopkintoncane »

Have 2 if there is interest, PM me. Todd

Vintagestick
Master Guide

Post by Vintagestick »

DWWoodJr,

Wonderful. I was hoping someone on the forum bought it. And no hard feelings, as it was way outside my modest bid. Please give us a report on its performance when you get the chance.

I bought the Bean Dry Fly (Phillipson) from the classified, but it will require some minor work on the ferrules before I can fish it. I thought the Featherweight would be a good companion rod to the DF. I'll keep my eyes open.

-Rich

TEJJR
Sport

Post by TEJJR »

Been away and just seeing the post by George. Do we know which AFRC rod it was? I'm looking for 8' Hadley to go with my 8' Amherst. The former is a full oz. lighter. Thanks, TJ

hopkintoncane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by hopkintoncane »

Hadley

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”