Peerless 63 Question

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

wshallman64

Peerless 63 Question

Post by wshallman64 »

Just purchased this Peerless "63" and noticed others with a Copper WC and green thread wraps. Any reason for this other than color options that were offered? Any significance other than that? Any feedback you guys may have will be appreciated.

bamboo rodley
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Peerless 63 Question

Post by bamboo rodley »

I've seen lots of them in the colors of your photo. Probably varies either according to model, length of rod, year of manufacture, or possibly as you said, just buyer options. In general I think Phillipson stayed consistent with their color/model offerings, but the Special was offered in both green or gold wraps.

wshallman64

Post by wshallman64 »

Thanks for the feedback. This is the 7 1/2' 3 3/4 oz 5 wt. Regardless, it is in excellent condition and a rod I was looking to add to my collection. It only has one tip unfortunately, but that brought the price down accordingly. At least it is a very durable rod and as long as I don't do anything foolish I expect to enjoy it for the remainder of my fishing days.....along with the rest of my bamboo collection.
Thanks again,
Bill

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Webfly »

They are top notch rods. Good score...

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

I would ask Rick Gottdenker at Rick's Rods in Denver, who owns the Phillipson brand. They are probably not currently open for business, but are members of this board (ricksrods). Michael Sinclair (PaducahMichael), an author of "Colorado Classic Cane," is also on this board.

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”