1986 Gus Nevros Pentagonal Twin w/ 1 butt, 2 mids, 10 tips

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

RWHoffhines
Master Guide

Re: 1986 Gus Nevros Pentagonal Twin w/ 1 butt, 2 mids, 10 tips

Post by RWHoffhines »

Nothing but love for Gus. I barely got a chance to meet him, but he was so generous. I regret I barely got to scratch the surface with him. But I cherish it all. That rod is amazing, and it all casts as beautifully as it looks. Mastery.

JoeBolt
Master Guide

Post by JoeBolt »

This is the best documentation I could ever imagine for any plant biologist or craftsman. Absolutely amazing.
I can't stop looking at this mounted and forever cross-sectional proof of his work. I made ham-handed attempt to zoom on the botany, sorry if this another double post.

carl otto
Master Guide

Post by carl otto »

Those of us who knew Gus were honored. The consumate gentleman from another era. Friend and collegue of many of the greats in the 20th century bamboo world (Payne, Garrison, and the like). This exhibition of his work is the level of quality he built at. Each of his rods are superlative examples of the finest craftsmanship possible. His knowledge of tapers, unrelenting thirst to know more, free in giving out his knowledge and the due consideration of every aspect of the craft were humbling to be around. For the fact that he was never written about in a book, his talent goes mostly unrecognised to a majority of the bamboo folks. His work is equal to any of the best, past and present.

Ευχαριστώ που είσαι φίλος μου!

Carl

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by canerodscom »

I’m sure Gus would return your thanks for being a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

One of the coolers things I have seen posted on this site.

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”