Perfect timing! This is one heck of a staff.

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Perfect timing! This is one heck of a staff.

Post by Hellmtflies »

First I have absolutely no financial interest in this product. Second the arrival to my home was right on time for my aging self. (See the below "63rd" thread : ) Anyway, I just received my "Riverstick" wading staff from one of our forum members. Mr. Rick Humphrey has produced in my mind absolutely the finest wading staff I've ever seen. I worked for a few fly shops over the years both here in Montana and back east. I sold several different types of solid and collapsible staffs from various companys. None of them and I mean none are of the quality, strength or comfort of this one. Known as the "Herkileeze" (SP?) this bugger rules! I cannot wait for winter to get this bugger on the ice and snow covered river banks. In the mean time she will be tested on several streams and rivers throughout the area. You folks need to check this item out. Top shelf!
Mark

PM me for Rick's contact info.
Last edited by Hellmtflies on 07/27/20 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

trouts

Re: Perfect timing! This is one heck of a staff.

Post by trouts »

I also recently purchased one of his wading staffs after he posted an ad and I read some of the reviews. I agree with all that you said. Top notch product and very well built. Much stouter construction than other name brands I have tried. Very pleased with my purchase from Rick and he was quick to answer any questions I had.

Bud
Master Guide

Post by Bud »

I’ve been using one for two years since my Simms staff collapsed butt deep in the Madison. You won’t be sorry.

Loogie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Loogie »

Hellmtflies wrote:
07/27/20 15:03
First I have absolutely no financial interest in this product. Second the arrival to my home was right on time for my aging self. (See the below "63rd" thread : ) Anyway, I just received my "Riverstick" wading staff from one of our forum members. Mr. Rick Humphrey has produced in my mind absolutely the finest wading staff I've ever seen. I worked for a few fly shops over the years both here in Montana and back east. I sold several different types of solid and collapsible staffs from various companys. None of them and I mean none are of the quality, strength or comfort of this one. Known as the "Herkaleeze" (SP?) this bugger rules! I cannot wait for winter to get this bugger on the ice and snow covered river banks. In the mean time she will be tested on several streams and rivers throughout the area. You folks need to check this item out. Top shelf!
Mark

Send us pics of your wet wading in winter!

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Hellmtflies wrote:
I cannot wait for winter to get this bugger on the ice and snow covered river banks.
If I'm not there, start without me. Don't wait for me.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Loogie wrote:
07/27/20 19:51
Hellmtflies wrote:
First I have absolutely no financial interest in this product. Second the arrival to my home was right on time for my aging self. (See the below "63rd" thread : ) Anyway, I just received my "Riverstick" wading staff from one of our forum members. Mr. Rick Humphrey has produced in my mind absolutely the finest wading staff I've ever seen. I worked for a few fly shops over the years both here in Montana and back east. I sold several different types of solid and collapsible staffs from various companys. None of them and I mean none are of the quality, strength or comfort of this one. Known as the "Herkaleeze" (SP?) this bugger rules! I cannot wait for winter to get this bugger on the ice and snow covered river banks. In the mean time she will be tested on several streams and rivers throughout the area. You folks need to check this item out. Top shelf!
Mark

Send us pics of your wet wading in winter!
You got it! :)

herkileez
Sport

Post by herkileez »

Many thanks guys...Hope it serves you well...and often !!

Rick

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

How does it look like?

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

ibookje wrote:
07/28/20 00:43
How does it look like?
"OK" Here it is;

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

I might need one too in about 10 years :)

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

ibookje wrote:
07/28/20 08:23
I might need one too in about 10 years :)
I dunno......I've seen you wade. You may need one sooner. :)

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Yeah rubber soles without studs are like butter on a frying pan! :D

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Mark,
Love how you posed for that picture in your waders, I hope those aren't your wading boots... :lol I here you on the studless rubber soles, Jay, I think that is why I spend so much on the $$$ Simms cleats which fall out after a season. Brilliant marketing really like the lightbulbs that burn out in 1 year by design, when they could last a lifetime. Edison's bulbs are still burning in this lab in FL.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

OldPa
Sport

Post by OldPa »

Mark ....
This looks like a fantastic wading staff but please don't tell me it comes with the Yankees t-shirt .... even as packing material. :)

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

OldPa wrote:
07/28/20 21:30
Mark ....
This looks like a fantastic wading staff but please don't tell me it comes with the Yankees t-shirt .... even as packing material. :)
Wait? What? Is there another baseball team? :)

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

snorider wrote:
07/28/20 18:23
Mark,
Love how you posed for that picture in your waders, I hope those aren't your wading boots... :lol I here you on the studless rubber soles, Jay, I think that is why I spend so much on the $$$ Simms cleats which fall out after a season. Brilliant marketing really like the lightbulbs that burn out in 1 year by design, when they could last a lifetime. Edison's bulbs are still burning in this lab in FL.
Ha! Thanx for the laugh. :)

narcodog
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by narcodog »

Mine should arrive today, I hope.

Well, it arrived today one day late. What a staff, I have used, owned and observed many staffs in the past 30 years but this is absolutely the best made, ever. It's heavier than the Folstaff and is easier to assemble than the Simms, which I don't care for.

I bought mine with both the machined tip and the rubber just in case I don't care for the rubber. It's an easy conversion.

6weight

Post by 6weight »

I have been using this staff for about a month or so and I really like it. Very dependable and solid. To my surprise, the rubber tip works well. The only drawback I find is the weight, feels quite a bit heavier than my Folstaff.

cdmoore
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cdmoore »

ASSuming this one does NOT float. Is that correct?

Thx

herkileez
Sport

Post by herkileez »

cdmoore wrote:
08/01/20 13:54
ASSuming this one does NOT float. Is that correct?Thx
That's correct...It stays put where you need it. I use a retractor to keep the grip at my hip...the staff hangs out of the way behind me.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”