It's official Montana Entrances to YNP Opens June 1

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

It's official Montana Entrances to YNP Opens June 1

Post by firehole »

Montana entrances to YNP open June 1 at 10:00 AM.
Dennis

16pmd
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: It's official Montana Entrances to YNP Opens June 1

Post by 16pmd »

Fantastic!!

WiFlyFisher
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by WiFlyFisher »

MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, WY - Yellowstone National Park will open its Montana entrances on Monday, June 1 at 10 a.m. The Montana entrances include West Entrance (near West Yellowstone), North Entrance (near Gardiner), and Northeast Entrance (near Cooke City). The opening of Montana’s entrances coincides with the Governor’s lifting of out-of-state travel restrictions and will provide visitor access to all five entrances of Yellowstone National Park (the Wyoming entrances opened on May 18).

The entire Grand Loop Road will be accessible for day use, excluding the segment between Canyon and Tower, which is closed for road construction (see attached map).

On June 1, in line with the park’s three-phased reopening plan, visitors will be able to access Phase 1 services/facilities (including restrooms, self-service gas stations, trails/boardwalks, limited stores, entrance stations, medical clinics, approved tours) and a few services/facilities as outlined in Phase 2 (including takeout food service, boating, and fishing). The park will remain day-use only. Limited overnight accommodations will begin reopening later in June. Campgrounds, visitor centers, and other facilities are still closed until health conditions allow for reopening.

Full article here: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/20021.htm

I also read on another YNP social media post they are again looking for public feedback about increasing Wi-fi throughout the park.

John

Bud
Master Guide

Post by Bud »

Shhhhhhh

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

x25 SHHHHH!!!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

greyreefer5
Guide

Post by greyreefer5 »

Terrible conditions here, I'd try Idaho

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

greyreefer5 wrote:Terrible conditions here, I'd try Idaho

I was thinking Jersey Shore. Aren't the Bluefish run'en? :)

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Idaho now has covid-herpes that is airborne. Mostly in remote locations.

PT48
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PT48 »

No wonder our friends in Montana are wanting to keep this news hush-hush. YNP, despite its critters, could be the safest place in the US at the moment.

LeeO
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by LeeO »

Report I saw said the level of traffic through the gates was the same as 2019 Memorial Day traffic
Lee Orr
304 Rod Company

http://www.304rodcompany.com

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

"OK" Here we go. Montana opens Monday the 1st. I happened to speak with the manager of United Airlines here in Bozeman yesterday. She advised that the flights from Newark have been full in the past week. This as opposed to having only 3 or 4 passengers during the lockdown. That and they fell from 17 flights per day to 2. Then last night Montana reports an increase of 16 new cases of Covid-19 were we had none in the past three weeks. This was Montanans concern that this would spike with it's opening. Keep you fingers crossed that we don't get over run with this insidious disease over the remainder on summer with so many people coming in from several Covid-19 hot zones. If we do then I'm sure we'll shut down again. Fingers crossed.

RandallM
Master Guide

Post by RandallM »

Well, my summer trip to Montana for this year has already been scrubbed, and I've got dates for next summer already booked. I'm currently hoping that any possible second wave of Covid doesn't end up scrubbing my September Elk Hunt.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

RandallM wrote:Well, my summer trip to Montana for this year has already been scrubbed, and I've got dates for next summer already booked. I'm currently hoping that any possible second wave of Covid doesn't end up scrubbing my September Elk Hunt.

Note too that CWD, Chronic Wasting Disease, has surfaced this past year throughout Montana. It effects deer mostly but has been discovered in Moose as well as Elk. Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is quietly discouraging folks from consuming them though they have not been able at this time to verify that the meat is dangerous to humans. Something to keep in mind while you have those backstrap steaks on the grill. :)

WiFlyFisher
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by WiFlyFisher »

Hellmtflies wrote:
RandallM wrote:Well, my summer trip to Montana for this year has already been scrubbed, and I've got dates for next summer already booked. I'm currently hoping that any possible second wave of Covid doesn't end up scrubbing my September Elk Hunt.

Note too that CWD, Chronic Wasting Disease, has surfaced this past year throughout Montana. It effects deer mostly but has been discovered in Moose as well as Elk. Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is quietly discouraging folks from consuming them though they have not been able at this time to verify that the meat is dangerous to humans. Something to keep in mind while you have those backstrap steaks on the grill. :)
Mark, the only news you have missed is all the bear attacks to help scare all the tourists from going to Montana this year. :D

John

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

I saw on the Idaho Fish & Game home page a hiker was attacked by a grizzly on the the outlet of Henry's Lake yesterday. He sustained injury but was able to walk to the road and airlifted to Idaho Falls.
Dennis

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

WiFlyFisher wrote:
Hellmtflies wrote:

Mark, the only news you have missed is all the bear attacks to help scare all the tourists from going to Montana this year. :0
John

Don't worry, I'm work'en on it. :)

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

firehole wrote:I saw on the Idaho Fish & Game home page a hiker was attacked by a grizzly on the the outlet of Henry's Lake yesterday. He sustained injury but was able to walk to the road and airlifted to Idaho Falls.
Dennis

Yes, There was also a mountain biker attacked in Big Sky, Mt. this past week. He was airlifted to Billings then to Portland. He got pounded. This event happened just west of Ousel Falls.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Hellmtflies wrote:
firehole wrote:I saw on the Idaho Fish & Game home page a hiker was attacked by a grizzly on the the outlet of Henry's Lake yesterday. He sustained injury but was able to walk to the road and airlifted to Idaho Falls.
Dennis

Yes, There was also a mountain biker attacked in Big Sky, Mt. this past week. He was airlifted to Billings then to Portland. He got pounded. This event happened just west of Ousel Falls.
Last year at the Ranch opener (Last Chance) a guy got charged by a grizzly down below millionaires. Opened my eyes. I never pack bear spray on the Ranch, but will this year.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”