All I can say is I wish I caught it on an ISO.

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

red 1
Master Guide

All I can say is I wish I caught it on an ISO.

Post by red 1 »

One of my friends here will get it and hopefully laugh.

I want to be buried with my favorite rod.
I hear the Styx River has Fish.

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: All I can say is I wish I caught it on an ISO.

Post by Webfly »

Blue dot? Hey, no secret messages here!

thegubster
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by thegubster »

Very fine fish Red!! It would make my season...

A fine looking stick too with those full intermediates. Mind sharing a bit about it? I'm having fun of late thinking about nice, delicate, full intermediates!

Thanks man.

Jeremy.

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Greg Reynolds »

+1. It's beautiful. Edwards or one of Streamer's?

red 1
Master Guide

Post by red 1 »

thegubster wrote:Very fine fish Red!! It would make my season...

A fine looking stick too with those full intermediates. Mind sharing a bit about it? I'm having fun of late thinking about nice, delicate, full intermediates!

Thanks man.

Jeremy.
Jeremy,
It’s a Streamer-AKA Housatonic Rods- rod. 8’ light 4 wt. with wet and dry tips. Picked a pocket that only has larger fish in it this time of the year in the evening when March Browns are on the water. For 3 years I’ve hooked and lost in the adjacent fast water some 20” plus fish. This guy was 16/17” and tried for the fast water. I probably would have lost him with many of my other rods that don’t have enough give over the length of the rod to slow and adsorb those powerhouse runs to the faster water. The fish was bigger and more colorful than the pictures show. The bluish streak went way down his cheeks. Next couple of nights if I have time I will go after his big brother.
Caught a lot of smaller fish mostly wild that night. One looked just like that one. Same spot pattern only 8” or so However. Very pleasant night.

red 1
Master Guide

Post by red 1 »

thegubster wrote:Very fine fish Red!! It would make my season...

Thanks man.

Jeremy.
Jeremy,
It’s a Streamer-AKA Housatonic Rods- rod. 8’ light 4 wt. with wet and dry tips. Picked a pocket that only has larger fish in it this time of the year in the evening when March Browns are on the water. For 3 years I’ve hooked and lost in the adjacent fast water some 20” plus fish. This guy was 16/17” and tried for the fast water. I probably would have lost him with many of my other rods that don’t have enough give over the length of the rod to slow and adsorb those powerhouse runs to the faster water. The fish was bigger and more colorful than the pictures show. The bluish streak went way down his cheeks. Next couple of nights if I have time I will go after his big brother.
Caught a lot of smaller fish mostly wild that night. One looked just like that one. Same spot pattern only 8” or so However. Very pleasant night.

red 1
Master Guide

Post by red 1 »

Greg Reynolds wrote:+1. It's beautiful. Edwards or one of Streamer's?
Greg,
It’s one of Streamers. He makes real nice rods.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”