Fishing Alone in Yellowstone.

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

mlarocco
Master Guide

Re: Fishing Alone in Yellowstone.

Post by mlarocco »

Yellowstone memory: I had hiked to the top of Mt Washburn for the view, exercise and the hope of seeing some Big Horn sheep. The dirt/gravel road is above the treeline for the upper most portion. As I was descending I could see 2 separate groups of hikers coming my was. They were seperated by quite a distance, maybe 60+ yards. A grizzly popped over the ridge above them, ran directly down hill, stopped and looked both ways before crossing the road (seriously true) and than continued down the slope into the woods below. I met up with the 1st group of hikers who were totally unaware that a grizzly had crossed the road 30 yards behind them. The conversation was long enough that the second dish panned eyed group caught up and gushed to them about the experience.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Fishing Alone in Yellowstone.

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, My daughter and her family are going to hike the Wind Rivers. She asked to borrow my bear sprays so they'd have two. I said OK, just don't use it.........

Jay Edwards

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”