Your Preyed On Catches

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

MNJoe
Sport

Re: Your Preyed On Catches

Post by MNJoe »

Neah Bay, WA fishing for rockfish, lost a few from seals in a flash. Another favorite moment was fly fishing over 100 ft of water and seeing rockfish feeding on the surface, presumably after mysis. I put on a bass popper and was able to get them to hit it. Amazing catching salmon in the rips in top 20' of water over 200ft as others dredged with down riggers

MNJoe
Sport

Re: Your Preyed On Catches

Post by MNJoe »

A lifetime regret, I grew up as a teenager in St Pete/ Tampa Bay, loving fishing but no idea about fly fishing. I bait fished off of inter coastal bridges and piers. Always loved places like Fort Desoto. Later fully engaged with fly fishing, I returned for a business conference and fly fished Fort Desoto targeting sea trout. Had a great outing with multi fish to hand, harassed in the shallows by Dolphins, I had a moment. I was playing a sea trout in close proximity, with full tension on the fish. No change in pressure, I retrieved less than half a fish. I suspect a barracuda and never saw. Was amazed not feeling anything. Like butta

Joe

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”