New Year’s Resolution - contact a board member and go fishing!

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

Salar4me
Guide

New Year’s Resolution - contact a board member and go fishing!

Post by Salar4me »

Must admit - I am a bit of a sloth/slug when it comes to contacting unknown board members, establishing communications, and making plans to meet. I thank Mark K., a.k.a. Barebo, for pm’ing and suggesting we wet a line. We probably talked as much as fished and realized we know many of the same people - it is a small world. We also swapped patterns and talked cane rods.

As much as we would have liked to fling drys, we did have some luck dredging nymphs on bamboo. Pic quality not so hot as to not harm the fish

DUCKMANNM
Master Guide

Re: New Year’s Resolution - contact a board member and go fishing!

Post by DUCKMANNM »

I'm all for that resolution! I wonder why one of us didn't think of doing this before now. If there are Forum Member in New Mexico, or southern Colorado, contact me and lets plan a fishing trip for the early spring, pre-runoff, or later in the year after the runoff. There is a lot of good trout fishing, and if you want big trout, we can plan a trip to the San Juan River!

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

I also want to extend a Grand Thank You to Jim for his mentoring skills as I admittedly had very little previous nymphing experience. I fish dries when the bugs are obvious and my preferred method is swinging wets. Jim gifted me a few of his flies that surely did the trick and made for a rewarding outing getting a bend in the old H-I Canada Creek that performed respectably for what they're purported to be. Its a light and nimble impregnated. 8' - 5 wt. The reel seat is sub par as are the ferrules but the blank is well made and it feels good in hand.
It was a fine day on the stream and really uplifted my spirits - Thanks Jim for the lessons and company!!!

fishbates
Master Guide

Post by fishbates »

Great idea I’ve been doing this for some time 3 and counting
One died Rob Selb of my mind is working a gentleman indeed
Dave

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”