Reccommendation for a 3 piece 7.5 - 8 ft rod

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Reccommendation for a 3 piece 7.5 - 8 ft rod

Post by ibookje »

Members here are genuine people here. I've bought & sold from/to many members here.
The dealers listed somewhere on the forum are great too.
As always, do your research before buying.

By the way, Len Codella passed away. His site is no longer active.

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

If it were me i would pick up a heavier leonard 50DF. The 5/6 versions seem to hang around longer on dealer sites than the lighter versions. Also the winston 4oz would get consideration as well. I have not fished these rods but knowing that i like more fuller flexing rods, these would be on my list. As far as dealers and people on this sight, i don't do alot of business, but i have not had a bad experience with anyone on this forum or a dealer.

DaveNJ
Master Guide

Post by DaveNJ »

joep wrote:
01/26/21 10:52
If it were me i would pick up a heavier leonard 50DF. The 5/6 versions seem to hang around longer on dealer sites than the lighter versions. Also the winston 4oz would get consideration as well. I have not fished these rods but knowing that i like more fuller flexing rods, these would be on my list. As far as dealers and people on this sight, i don't do alot of business, but i have not had a bad experience with anyone on this forum or a dealer.
I have an 8' 4 oz 2 piece Winston that I like a WF 5 on. It's my all 'rounder in the Catskills. From Drakes and Isos to nymphing to streamers it does it all. It's not necessarily my favorite rod of all time, but it's my most used and the rod I choose when unsure of what I may encounter.

--D

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

As said, buying from here is safe.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”