Rental car prices when traveling

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

OnTheBrink
Guide

Re: Rental car prices when traveling

Post by OnTheBrink »

Last year I rented a SUV in Bozeman for $40/day. This year it is $180. Look at flying into Billings, driving 90 mins to Bozeman with a stop on DePuy on the way. You can save $80 to $100/day on the car rental.

One day savings on the car rental pays for your rod fee on Depuy. I can always rationalize converting a savings into fishing. :wave

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

That’s a huge difference!
Anyone traveling to Montana should plan some serious time driving as the scenery is amazing

FreestoneVintage
Sport

Post by FreestoneVintage »

I've never used Turo myself, but I have a brother who uses it all the time and it looks like they have cars available around Bozeman. I saw a Lexus GX 460 for $70/day, or you could splurge for the *gold* Maserati for $140/day! I have no idea how it works, but it might be worth looking into. -Nate

kenwey4534
Guide

Post by kenwey4534 »

Try Turo a car sharing site. https://turo.com/ Plug in Bozeman for the destination and your time frame and up will come cars that folks will rent out. I have used them with good success. No financial interest.

Ryan_pv

Post by Ryan_pv »

It’s outrageous! I’m running into the same issue. $1,300 for a RAV4 in Bozeman for 8 days in June. Contemplating just driving but as the previous poster mentioned, it’s the time.

cregb
Master Guide

Post by cregb »

you could splurge for the *gold* Maserati for $140/day! I
The day I roll into the Slough Creek trailhead in a Maserati will be one for the ages…. Joe Walsh is a requisite on the stereo that day.

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

cregb wrote:
04/11/21 06:48
you could splurge for the *gold* Maserati for $140/day! I
The day I roll into the Slough Creek trailhead in a Maserati will be one for the ages…. Joe Walsh is a requisite on the stereo that day.
You’ll have to be doing 185. :D

ffftroutbum
Master Guide

Post by ffftroutbum »

Guys, check Idaho Falls and it’s much closer than Billings. Not much further than Bozeman and the rentals appear reasonable. I did not look at how the flights compared though.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Ya'll just need to go somewhere's else!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”