Maurer Headwaters Rod: 6'3"/4-5 Weight

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

thegreek
Sport

Maurer Headwaters Rod: 6'3"/4-5 Weight

Post by thegreek »

I have interest in purchasing a George Maurer Headwaters 6'3", 4-5 wt. rod. Does anyone currently own one or fished one in the past? I would appreciate any information that you give me about the rod. I have never owned or fished a six footer. I currently have several very nice 7 footers: a Jenkins GA70L and an Orvis 7/4, which both fish the Driftless Area streams with ease. Love hearing from you here. Thanks! Nick

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Maurer Headwaters Rod: 6'3"/4-5 Weight

Post by fefferje »

Nick, Bob Selb, the dealer from Classic Fly Fisherman has a Mauer Headwaters Rod listed on his website. I think it’s #14 on the 1st page of his on line catalog. Just google Classic Fly Fisherman. Good luck. Jed
Fefferfly

derensfox
Guide

Post by derensfox »

It’s a fairly powerful rod. I moved mine along since I have no reason to have a 6’3” 5 wt powerful caster. I prefer a midge clone in that length. But if you are flinging salmonflies to brawny trout in a creek, the Maurer rod might be for you. Iirc, the one I owned had quite a swelled butt for a short rod

thegreek
Sport

Post by thegreek »

Thanks.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”