Happy Birthday #17174

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Happy Birthday #17174

Post by spruce grouse »

I had every intention of taking my 8' 2/2 4 1/4 oz. Battenkill fishing today for it's birthday, but the weather wasn't cooperative. It turns 66 today, five days before I do. We were going to fish the Gunpowder as I heard the Hendricksons have started. I've always considered them my birthday hatch. New plan is to fish tomorrow and hopefully there will be a photo with a fish to post.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hsppy Birthday #17174

Post by headwaters »

Good luck and "Happy Birthday" to you, Howard!

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Hey Howard, Happy Birthday to you on the 18th and to your Battenkill!! I would like to fish the Gunpowder again, but I am up here in Vermont! I did go out on Saturday, the 10th, the opening of Trout season in Vermont. I fished a rod patterned after a post
fire Leonard 36, a 6 foot, 3 piece rod. The original Leonard was a 2 piece fishing pole. That fly rod is only 3 years old, a real youngster. I wish I could start fly fishing at the age of that fly rod. But I’ll try to fish with the mind of a 3 year old. I believe we saw you Howard back in 2018. We, my wife and I, and you were all fishing the Rose River. You were getting in your Subaru just about when we were. Enjoy the Hendricksons on the Gunpowder and the 66 year old Battenkill! Best, Jed
Fefferfly

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Happy birthday!
Previously known as bamboocollector11

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your outing! :)

Pat

Chip Node
Guide

Post by Chip Node »

A belated Happy Birthday to you. Hope you were able to get out and fish. My favorite Hendrickson stretch was Above Big Falls Road. Start a quarter mile above the bridge and listen to the peepers sing. Then again Shad should be running up Deer Creek! Have fun!

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Happy Hippie Burfday, Howie.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”