Mother's Day! You know what that means. :)

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Mother's Day! You know what that means. :)

Post by Hellmtflies »

You got it! The Mother's Day Caddis have begun! :wave :skoal There has been a smattering of those anticipated flies showing on the "Stone". So any day now they will explode there and on the Madison. So keep your eyes peeled 8o and start tying those big Caddis patterns. The bad news is that the "Stone" is also on the rise. Two feet of visibility yesterday, one foot today. So as usual the rivers are about to blow! The weather has been very warm so the snow is melting. Timing is everything! I'm headed out to keep an eye on things. I'll try to keep you posted. :)

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Mother's Day! You know what that means. [emoji3]

Post by ibookje »

Looking forward to your story of caddis crawling on your ears while fish are munching away :)

Booman2
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Mother's Day! You know what that means. :)

Post by Booman2 »

I fished the Madison below Ennis until yesterday and saw no Mother's Day caddis. Water temp was 52-54 degrees in the afternoon. I was surprised.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Booman2 wrote:
05/01/21 19:20
I fished the Madison below Ennis until yesterday and saw no Mother's Day caddis. Water temp was 52-54 degrees in the afternoon. I was surprised.
The weather may have put them off a bit. The "Stone" only had a smattering the other day. And, as usual, the rivers are starting to blow out from run-off. The lower Madison below Bear trap has a smattering as well. That is starting to rise too.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

The most MDC I've seen to date have been in the area of the 89 Fishing Access on the "Stone". But that said the rivers have blown! Time to play golf or get your yard work done. :)

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Mud season is upon us! I think of MDC as a sign of the end of trout fishing for a month. Heading for the salt on Friday.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”