Grand Lake Stream next week

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Grand Lake Stream next week

Post by spruce grouse »

Going to be up there for a couple days next week. Hope to give the 8’6” FE Thomas Light Salmon a workout. Will be by my lonesome (not the first time). If any vaccinated Mainer (or non-Mainer, I suppose) would like to join me, you can pm me for details.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Grand Lake Stream next week

Post by Short Tip »

Ah, if only. Have a nice time and bring back a report!

mac7x
Master Guide

Post by mac7x »

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get away, but I'd like to know what you'll be fishing with. My 8½' Streamer would be just the thing for some of Bob Upham's creations. The Hendricksons, which I love, are, I believe, later in the month.
Staying at Weatherby's?

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Short Tip wrote:
05/04/21 07:22
Ah, if only. Have a nice time and bring back a report!
C’mon. You know you want to.
BTW, I told Sonny to ask you about the time on the Rapidan you tried to kill me. ;)

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

mac7x wrote:
05/04/21 07:33
Unfortunately, I'm unable to get away, but I'd like to know what you'll be fishing with. My 8½' Streamer would be just the thing for some of Bob Upham's creations. The Hendricksons, which I love, are, I believe, later in the month.
Staying at Weatherby's?
Yeah, Weatherby’s. I have to annoy Jeff or it’s not a trip to GLS. He said that Hendrickson’s might be happening a little early this year. Got a bunch of different smelt flies. Hell, if cicada mania starts before I leave, I might have to bag some up (what’s a few giant red-eyed bugs among trillions) and bring them along.

redietz
Master Guide

Post by redietz »

mac7x wrote:
05/04/21 07:33
The Hendricksons, which I love, are, I believe, later in the month.
What's probably my single most memorable day of fishing was during the Hendrickson hatch on GLS. Fishing a Hendrickson dry with a Partridge & Orange below it, I hooked a double. Ultimately, I was only able to land the top fish, my best LLS to date.

Wish I could go.

DaveNJ
Master Guide

Post by DaveNJ »

Love GLS, very cool place.

scarlet>fire
Guide

Post by scarlet>fire »

Love GLS as well. My dad took us there as kids. One of the biggest influences on me as a fly fisherman was the LL Bean learn to fly fish VHS w Dave Whitlock. As a young teen, the stream he was fishing on seemed other worldly beautiful-so we went on our annual summer camping trip. We revisited GLS a handful of years ago as adults and loved it just as much. Have a great trip!!

Cheers, Chris

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”