Second Favorite Silk Line

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

Eddie Southgate
Master Guide

Re: Second Favorite Silk Line

Post by Eddie Southgate »

NewUtahCaneAngler wrote:
10/09/21 08:50
An old Kingfisher line recently sold for well over $200. Getting a custom silk line in your choice of color and weight for $200 seems like a good deal to me.
If you mean the #3 from ebay this week it was right at $240 before the $15+ for shipping and worth every penny . I needed it but not that much.The last one I got was a hair over a year ago and cost me $65 shipped NIB . They are as good as can be had but are also collectable and I always feel a bit of regret ( not more than 10 minutes worth ) when I first load one on a reel . Congratulations to whoever won the bid . I've not had a Kingfisher go sticky on me and I can't say the same for Phoenix lines as I have a 3DT gone gummy on me since it was last used this spring . It's 15 years old but has probably only been fished 8 or 10 times.

I am gonna get a Zen and a Yano to go on a reel I am having made to celebrate my semi retirement . Will be interesting to see which I like better. Wanted one of Mr. Olive's lines (or 2) but it appears his health issues may have got the best of him as his site appears to be down for good. Too bad, seemed like a hell of a nice guy and the one of his lines that I got to play with was a very fine line and his prices were more than reasonable .
Wore out old rod junkie , WILL WORK FOR RODS .

henkverhaar
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Second Favorite Silk Line

Post by henkverhaar »

kevinhaney1 wrote:
10/09/21 11:26
That’s an old Timey expression used to convey a desire that just won’t go away…
Yeah, got that from context - but I have a hard time understanding the 'etymology' of it...

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”