First trip - Mid-November to Sevierville, TN

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

David4Him
Guide

First trip - Mid-November to Sevierville, TN

Post by David4Him »

As many times as I've driven through TN, have never had the time to fish; but, have a trip to Sevierville mid-November and checking online, looks like plenty of trout water in the area. Wondering if anyone can provide some tips on where to start, best flies, etc. I'm likely only going to have a day or two to fish and want to make the most of the opportunity.

thanks, David

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Re: First trip - Mid-November to Sevierville, TN

Post by Bucktrout »

Hi David,

I haven’t fished in the area in November but I would think the small streams will be fishing well.

Give Little River Outfitters in Townsend a call

Eric

16parachuteadams
Master Guide

Post by 16parachuteadams »

Hi, I live on the edge of the Smokies near Townsend and would be delighted to show you some of our streams. That time of year you will still be seeing some stone flies and BWOs so a selection of Stimulators and BWOs, and small caddis would be appropriate. Waders, good non slip footwear, and a chicken stick will be necessary. The streams fish like small mountain streams anywhere.

David4Him
Guide

Post by David4Him »

Thanks for offering 16parachuteadams. It will be an even better day if shared with another member. I'll reach out as we get a couple weeks out and I know when my dear wife will have other plans made so I can slip away for part of the day. David

Eddie Southgate
Master Guide

Post by Eddie Southgate »

Always had good luck with Hares Ears and Tellico nymphs but I usually fish October in that area . I usually catch more on an Olive HE size 12 or 14 .
Wore out old rod junkie , WILL WORK FOR RODS .

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”