Big thanks to David Serafin.

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

PlaneOldMike
Guide

Big thanks to David Serafin.

Post by PlaneOldMike »

Hi y’all. I don’t really know where to post this, so if it’s in the wrong place, please move it.

I just want to post a thank you to David Serafin for his outstanding customer service. I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. . I have been trying to find some cane to work with recently. I contacted him to buy a couple culms. He remembered that he had a bundle close to me, and contacted the person who was holding it for him. I ended. Up getting a bundle of culms from him. He went above and beyond anything he needed to do.

Thank you so very much David. I’ll be back to get more as soon as I’m through this bundle. I recommend giving him a call if you are looking for cane. What a positive experience.

P.S. so nice to see cane in the rafters!

Just a guy, trying to build a tool.

jimlucey
Guide

Re: Big thanks to David Serafin.

Post by jimlucey »

i met dave at the canadian cane gathering last year . i wanted to buy my first bundle of cane but he confirmed my suspicion that i wouldn't make it across the border with it . he arranged to meet me in the states on his way back to colorado . we met at the mall parking lot in rochester at 10 pm and did the deal . definitely excellent service ! highly recommended .
thanks , jim

stoneflyer
Master Guide

Post by stoneflyer »

Dave is a great guy. He has a real passion for bamboo and it shows in the quality of his culms!

Adam

flyman219
Guide

Post by flyman219 »

Dave Serafin is a great guy and great source for bamboo.

Mike Monsos

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

+1

L Swearingen
Sport

Post by L Swearingen »

I agree 100%

Larry Swearingen
http://planingforms.web.com

chsparkman
Master Guide

Post by chsparkman »

I also agree. I'm thankful to Dave for keeping us stocked with good cane. I also agree that it's great to see a stash of culms in the rafters. So many possibilities!
...as for us we pin our faith and fealty to the silk-wound PENTAGONAL rod cunningly yet simply devised of its FIVE subtle, individual triangular strips of cane throughout...

Holden, George Parker. (modified by me) Idyl of the Split Bamboo

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by canerodscom »

I’ve been fooling with bamboo rods since 1994. My first several bales of bamboo came from Harold and Eileen Demarest. Finer folks never graced this world. Later I came to admire and appreciate Andy Royer. No rod maker could ask for a better friend. I always enjoyed buying bamboo fro Andy and new I was getting a premium product.
Now we have Dave stepping right into the role of bamboo supplier and are equally as well served as we were with the Royers and the Demarests. I hope he’ll be around for decades to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”