Looking for photos of Montague Sunbeam windings

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

dwkestell

Looking for photos of Montague Sunbeam windings

Post by dwkestell »

I recently received a Montague Sunbeam and would like to restore it so I can get it back out on the water.

This will be my 3rd restoration and I’d like to get an idea of what the windings looked like. The current windings were done with a combination of sewing thread and Sharpie.

The rod must be a 1949 ish or newer by narrow knurled locking ring instead of the wider one I’ve seen in photos from the web.

Like I said, this is a restoration so it can be used again and I know it has little value even after restoration, but it will be a fun project.

Aside from replacing the snake guides and installing an Agate stripping guide I’d like the windings to be “period appropriate”.

If anyone has pictures they can share or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tight lines

Doug

Boise Bamboo
Guide

Re: Looking for photos of Montague Sunbeam windings

Post by Boise Bamboo »

PM Sent

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”