New list?

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

GBU31v1
Guide

New list?

Post by GBU31v1 »

We’ve got a nice “Vintage Rod Dealer and Sellers” list on the collecting thread (from which I find the omission of Rich Morrison’s Powell site very odd by the way), why not a rod restorers list here? I have a very dear friend who does my rod work for me but he is mostly retired and does not do work for anyone new anymore. And I do get requests from time to time for a good restoration guy. I know some guys specialize in rods from certain makers while others do it all. I know there a number of well regarded forum members in this line of work. It would be nice to have a reference for this info.

That being said, I’ve a friend who has several old rods he’d like some restoration work done on. One is a Thomas, one a Powell, and what looks to me to be a trade rod of some sort. I’d like to know who is doing good work these days? Thanks!

GBU31v1
Guide

Re: New list?

Post by GBU31v1 »

No one has any recommendations for a rod restorer?

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kermit »

I do rod reconditioning, see here... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NSo ... elv84/edit
Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

In the West, Dennis Stone, Dwight Lyons, and South Creek Ltd. In the East, Dennis Menscer, Chris Bogart, and Fred Kretchman,

GBU31v1
Guide

Post by GBU31v1 »

Thanks guys!

alberta al
Master Guide

Post by alberta al »

Harry Boyd does fantastic work too. He is way down South in Louisiana.

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”