Name brand rods.........?

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Name brand rods.........?

Post by Gnome »

Dan

nice attack, could you be more clear?? I am not slithering away and have not ever done that. Why not say their names and show us proof of what you are talking about?? maybe you better google it and see what it says IN MY HONEST OPINION. Must have struck a nerve with the retired statement? Try living off of what you make as a rod maker and you might be more respectful of the past production makers and what they did in extreme time constraints and with tools that many here today hold in reverence for how far they came with the limited tools and equipment compared to today's CNC mills that actually allow as tight of tolerances as possible with a very inconsistent material.

and nowhere did I disagree about the quality of the rods being built today which have a major time advantage in the fact that today's makers are for the majority not building rods as their main focus/occupation which allows them a higher amount of time to produce a rod leading to much higher standards than where the normal during the time the T&T and Powell you are sort of discussing was made.

Uh Oh, I know what you are talking about. And the name of the main maker in question has now been revealed and Dan will probably deny it. But via the pipeline, I know for a fact that was the maker's under discussion.

The bar has been set very high and to hold past work and makers to that bar is totally unfair IMHO once again bench vs production

And name-calling is against the rules here so I would appreciate you taking the PDI comments and labels and stop it My name is Jeff Hatton AKA the gnome, call me by Jeff or by gnome anything else is probably not appropriate and against guideline #1 Harassment.

Several times I have asked Dan to prove what he says here and once it got me banned and here is another example of slithering away which I have been accused of and what Dan has done to me more than once.

How about just replying to the questions I asked?? Is that too hard?

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”