Bamboo Streamline Ferrule's

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

AKRaven

Bamboo Streamline Ferrule's

Post by AKRaven »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I have been working on building rods using Porateei's formula for Streamline ferrules. I just discover that his ferrule calculator is no longer available and icane website domain is for sale. anyone know how I might get access to his Streamline calculator? Thank you all and be safe out there. TJ

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Bamboo Streamline Ferrule's

Post by Tim Anderson »

I just checked and Alberto Poratelli's website (http://www.aprods.it/) opens up just fine for me. When there, go to the bottom of the page and click on "bamboo ferrule." On that page, go to the bottom and click on "Download software for dimensioning bamboo ferrules." That gives you the option of downloading the appropriate Excel file.

Tim

AKRaven

Post by AKRaven »

Tim, Thank you so much! I was accessing it from another website. Didn't think to look at his site. Again, thank's!

henkverhaar
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by henkverhaar »

RodLab also contains routines for bamboo ferrules - specifically Davide Fiorani's Tapered Bamboo Ferrule, or an adaptation of it.

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”