Gorilla Glue suggestion…

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

Salar4me
Guide

Gorilla Glue suggestion…

Post by Salar4me »

I’ve used the GG method on a few builds/refinished rods and do find it to be easy with excellent results. Got distracted on one tip and fractured it while polishing. Found that gluing on the tip top first greatly aids in remembering to be careful on the tip section as well as providing a visual and tactile stopping point

GrayHackleRods
Master Guide

Re: Gorilla Glue suggestion…

Post by GrayHackleRods »

I can honestly say I’ve done that more than once. Now when finishing the tip of tips I only rub towards the tip, never back towards the butt. And yeah, start at the tip and work down.
Regards,
Lee
http://www.grayhacklerods.net
lee@grayhacklerods.net
Monument, CO
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.
Patrick F. McManus

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Gorilla Glue suggestion…

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, Yeah, I did it, not while finishing, but just when putting the tip top on an 8 1/2' The Granger.' I just didn't look it over carefully enough, and there was a de-lam. Ugh! There was no repairing it, it broke.

Jay Edwards

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”