Gunsmiths that made Rods

Question and answers concerning makers and manufacturers of bamboo fly rods.

Moderator: Titelines

uniquafly
Master Guide

Re: Gunsmiths that made Rods

Post by uniquafly »

I can’t out do any of the comments already made. Everyone has just about covered it. I will say that it’s a mighty fine display of historical information and artifacts. I love reading about the old master gunsmiths as well as rod and reel makers, innovators and genius craftsmen they all are. Thanks for posting the read, it’s great information. I enjoyed reading this! Who wouldn’t have loved for the chance to work with any of them, as I’m quite sure a lot of us here would.

Thanks again!
“He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.”

Norman Maclean

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

This doesn't exactly fit the OP's intent, but it probably belongs here. Many years ago, I was into collecting double barreled shotguns but never ran across, nor even heard of a Hardy Bros marked double even though I knew about the Hardy firm.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

The first English double I owned was a 12bore A&D box lock made for the “trade” and labeled for Hardy Bros. It was traded in part for a Best grade side lock labeled for another fishing retailer which remained open in the same location for over 200 years until a fire in 2014. J. Braddell of Belfast. That’s going to my Son when he is of age.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Jerry is going to exhibit guns and tackle at a couple of upcoming shows in PA. Some mentioned they wish they would have known before so a post has been added to the forum announcements

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=126692

Mike N
Master Guide

Post by Mike N »

roycestearns wrote:Jerry is going to exhibit guns and tackle at a couple of upcoming shows in PA. Some mentioned they wish they would have known before so a post has been added to the forum announcements

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=126692

I wish Jerry would present in Western Pennsylvania also. The Cabin Fever Show sponsored by the Penn’s Woods Chapter of Trout Unlimited near Pittsburgh just off the PA Turnpike would be a perfect venue this Spring.

https://pwwtu.org/cabin-fever/

Mike N.
Mike N.
Founder, Old Reel Collectors Association (ORCA)
Member, NFLCC & FATC
Vintage Orvis collector

Pentalux
Master Guide

Post by Pentalux »

Return to “Information About Makers and Manufacturers”