Orvis Anniversary CFO and rods for 2022

Question and answers concerning makers and manufacturers of bamboo fly rods.

Moderator: Titelines

Rube Wood

Orvis Anniversary CFO and rods for 2022

Post by Rube Wood »

Hello , I hope that I'm in the right topic area . Just putting this out there asking if anyone has any information or photos of the new Orvis CFO Anniversary reel for spring of 2022 . I heard that they are working on it. Also, I hear that they are thinking about bringing back the Superfine rods , I hope they do , really love that series !!!
Thank you,
Rube Wood

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Orvis Anniversary CFO and rods for 2022

Post by Caneghost »

Have not heard anything about a new limited edition CFO. The last one (2012) they priced at $659 so God knows what they will try to get for another. Whatever they believe the market will bear I expect. Look what they did with the last new bamboo rod they introduced? Over $3 grand for a single tip rod!

Thankfully there are a lot of old Orvis bamboo rods and CFO reels out there on the secondary market!

They brought back (almost) the Superfine graphites a few seasons back as the Superfine Carbon. One of the few graphite rods that would actually bend, but they didn't last. If they try again I doubt it would be more than a single model limited edition with a jacked up price tag.
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Retail is slated to be 398.00. And a standard edition in the pipeline. Made in USA, not by Abel/Ross.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Gotta move this to Classic Reels section - I myself hadn't heard a pip about these reels...
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

Return to “Information About Makers and Manufacturers”