More Joe Bradley pics

Question and answers concerning makers and manufacturers of bamboo fly rods.

Moderator: Titelines

wctc1
Master Guide

More Joe Bradley pics

Post by wctc1 »

Joe started building rods in 1972. Now that he's retired, he hand planes 12-15 a year. Joe first sold about 150 rods through Andy Puyan's Creative Sports Fly Shop in San Francisco's east bay.
These taken under fairgrounds lighting at the big Albany, Oregon fly show March 9, 2012. I first met Joe at the Metolius some years ago. Also interviewed him for the Howells book. Couldn't make a reply work on the other thread, so did this.

Boo
Master Guide

Re: More Joe Bradley pics

Post by Boo »

I'm the proud owner of that 7'9" PARA 14 at the bottom of your photo. I must have bought it not long after you took the pic. I've been casting and admiring Joe's rods for several years a the different shows. In fact, I always intended to get his 8'4wt. But, after casting several rods side-by-side the 7'9"/5wt is what ended up grabbing me. Great rod!

wctc1
Master Guide

Post by wctc1 »

Hello Boo .... the PARA was quite the show stopper. Were you there when Chet, Olsen, and the bros. were casting it?

Folks should know it works best with a Wulff long belly. JB sends one out with each of them. Notice how well all three different rod tips are matched?

sierraflyfisher

Post by sierraflyfisher »

Here is a photo of Joe's Perfectionist 7'6" 5 wt on a Sierra Nevada stream.

Joe is a really down to earth maker that is passionate about his craft. I too met him at a fly fishing showing and got a chance to cast his arsenal of rods. The Perfectionist taper stood out for me.

Return to “Information About Makers and Manufacturers”