8' 2 piece taper help

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

8' 2 piece taper help

Post by Caneghost »

I have a friend who is about to build a second rod at the Catskill class and wants an 8' 4 weight. He was intrigued casting my Jim Downes copy of a Garrison 206. Is there an 8' 4 weight Garrison taper out there? What about George Maurer's Queen of Waters?
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

Ron Barch
Guide

Re: 8' 2 piece taper help

Post by Ron Barch »

I highly recommend Tom Smithwick's version of an old F. E. Thomas design. Tom will be at the Catskills while you are at the class. Enjoy your time with some of the finest craftsmen in the rod making world. Ron B.

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: 8' 2 piece taper help

Post by Caneghost »

Yes, Tom is a friend and I reached out to him as well. He sent full data on that taper yesterday to me and my buddy John.

Thank you!
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

Return to “Taper Exchange”