Looking for W&M granger 8642

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

Morten

Looking for W&M granger 8642

Post by Morten »

I am looking for the looking for the 8642. My friend, who is a young rodbuilder from Denmark, want to build the late model W&M 8642, after he has tried my original Aristocrat.

We are aware of the tapers at Hexrod, but would like some feedback from someone who has already build the 8642, and have cast against some of the originals.

Any advice on ferules, and authentic reel would also be nice.

Regards, Morten.

jan96
Master Guide

Re: Looking for W&M granger 8642

Post by jan96 »

Morten, I think that a good start would be to measure your original rod.. and then make some comparison with tapers of the same model you can find on various sites in internet. Another important thing is to use the right type of ferrules to achieve the desirable action... I don't know what type of glue did Granger/W&M use but using a different glue will change the action somehow...
Some ten years ago I made a rod with Granger 8642 taper but "transformed" it into two piece rod. Nice rod but it had little in common with original...

r :)

Return to “Taper Exchange”