Snake River Bamboo Rod

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

griffithsgnat

Snake River Bamboo Rod

Post by griffithsgnat »

Been away from the cane community - now coming home again. Recently picked up a bamboo rod in a trade - 7 2/2 3 wt made by Snake River Rod Company out of Joseph, Oregon. No writing on the rod - just engraved rod tube cap. Cannot find much information about the company. Anyone here familiar with them? Not bad workmanship and a decent value for what I traded. Any help?

Best Fishes,
Griffiths Gnat

bamboo rodley
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Snake River Bamboo Rod

Post by bamboo rodley »

If the same company, they have a Facebook page. Looks like they build graphite rods. You could have a different brand of rod(since it is unmarked) in a Snake River rod tube. Post photos to get more info.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

bamboo rodley wrote:
11/26/20 13:11
If the same company, they have a Facebook page. Looks like they build graphite rods. You could have a different brand of rod(since it is unmarked) in a Snake River rod tube. Post photos to get more info.
I'm guessing that is a different company as they are Idaho based. I would recommend reaching out to Joseph Beelart and see if he has any information. I doubt anyone knows more about Oregon made bamboo rods than he does.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

TheMontyMan
Global Moderator

Post by TheMontyMan »

Griffiths Gnat, If you post pictures of the rod, we'll have a much better chance of nailing down the maker.

Pictures of the reel seat, the ferrules and a shot of the entire rod laid out would be most helpful.

We love a mystery and a picture says a thousand words, and solves almost that many mysteries. :pipe

. . . Rex
The Monty Man

griffithsgnat

Post by griffithsgnat »

griffithsgnat

Post by griffithsgnat »

Here are a few pics - any help greatly appreciated

Tangiersound
Guide