Cordes Ingram & Smith Cisco Bamboo Rod

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Cuda

Cordes Ingram & Smith Cisco Bamboo Rod

Post by Cuda »

I've posted a couple rods on here for ID help. Well here's another one I've dug out of the closet and have not been able to find any info on. It is 2pc., measures 8'4". Decal says Cisco,Cordes Ingram & Smith, Gateshead, Fishing Rod Manufactures. In script "The Dilston ". In the last pic of the female ferrule it is over wrapped and seems to be a small piece of metallic material under the wrap. Looks gold in color. Maybe small piece of gold lucky charm???Makes one wonder. Any help on history and or value would be great. Thanks in advance
ImageImageImage

Whiteadder
Guide

Re: Cordes Ingram & Smith Cisco Bamboo Rod

Post by Whiteadder »

Hi Cuda

I think your rod is British - Dilston is a small town on a tributary of the Tyne, a river in Northern England (as in Newcastle on Tyne). Gateshead is the town on the South bank of the Tyne where Newcastle is on the North bank. It also has "the look" of a fairly standard British two piece, though these were usually 9' - bridge guides throughout?

Can't as yet find anything on the maker/retailer - (web search is compromised by the presence of CISCO the router manufacturer) but I'll keep looking...

Best

Andy
Please visit Whiteadder's Virtual Fly Fishing Museum
All welcome!!

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Found nothing under Cordes, Ingram & Smith CO. (CISCO).

Cuda

Post by Cuda »

I ran into the same rabbit hole's. At least it's narrowed down to England.

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”