A Whatszit rod

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Colston Newton
Guide

A Whatszit rod

Post by Colston Newton »

My cousin is selling off his bamboo collection (See Winston query below). In it is this 7 1/2' rod with two tips that he thinks is for 5 or 5 wt. (I think so, too, given its length). The only marking is "Kent" in front of the grip. Cuz thinks that's the maker's name. I think it could also be owner's name. The rod appears to have been refurbished. The reel seat seems too new for the rod. I'm posting pix. (Click on them to enlarge) Unusual canvas covered case. Any ideas what this is or value?

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Re: A Whatszit rod

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Kent was a maker in Virgina or Maryland if I recall wguch state properly circa 1950's and 1960's
Previously known as bamboocollector11

cwfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cwfly »

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Hey Colston, Paul Kearney here. I'm interested in Kent rods, drop me a line if you wish.

PK

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”