Unmarked Quad

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

maperry12
Sport

Unmarked Quad

Post by maperry12 »

While buying other rods including the previously posted Angler's Cove rod a 2/1 rod came up that was very very reasonable. I took a chance and got it also. It has turned out to be a 2 piece 7'4" (8" short)unmarked quad that has some obvious issues. While the cane and finish along with all the wraps, ferrells and guides are in excellent condition the one tip is 8" short, the seat hardware is incomplete and the wood seat spacer is very loose. No tube or sleeve.

I'm asking for some help determining the maker of the rod to possibly involve them in this restoration and also advice to whether it is financially feasible to bring it back to fishable condition. Thanks for the help with this. While I currently have very little invested at this point I just hate to see this rod just thrown in the barrel so to speak. The bones are hopefully still there.

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”