Ted Knott flyrods

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Stikwaver

Ted Knott flyrods

Post by Stikwaver »

Hi everyone, brand new to the group! Im hoping someone can help me with determining a value of a 8’ two piece (with second tip) for #7 line made by Ted in 2003ish. I have three of his rods, but no longer have much use the #7.
The model was called “The Ganaraska” and was intended to be used as a steelhead rod.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone is interested i can send photos and s better description.
Thanks and good fishing!

creakycane
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Ted Knott flyrods

Post by creakycane »

Welcome to the forum. There is appraisal section down a few topics; if you list it there with pics and details, someone will likely give an estimate.

Random Casts
Master Guide

Re: Ted Knott flyrods

Post by Random Casts »

Greetings and welcome Stikwaver,

Since you already have several of Tod’s you must know that he has a following in southern Ontario. He also has a TU chapter named after him. His shorter rods are at a premium and get snapped up very quickly here.

To get a better idea of the value of this particular rod you should get a hold of James Bond, no not THAT one, at Canadian Cane.

I agree about posting in the Appraisals section with pics, but I think you would get some rather low figures from members that may not know of Ted’s work and rep.

Cheers,
Richard
Random Casts

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”