Help indentifying maker and type of unusual 7'rod made for John Alden Knight

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

rmajor

Help indentifying maker and type of unusual 7'rod made for John Alden Knight

Post by rmajor »

I purchased this bamboo rod many years ago at an auction of the estate of John ALden Knight, author and creator of the Solunar tables. it is 7' rod and seems to be a spinning rod. I cannot decipher the makers name and could use some help for that and whether it is indeed a bamboo spinning rod . .

16parachuteadams
Master Guide

Re: Help indentifying maker and type of unusual 7'rod made for John Alden Knight

Post by 16parachuteadams »

Definitely a spinning rod but other than the 1955 date I can't read it for sure. A better pic would help.

rmajor

Re: Help indentifying maker and type of unusual 7'rod made for John Alden Knight

Post by rmajor »

Better photo of name

cdmoore
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cdmoore »

G. M. O'Connell ?

rmajor

Post by rmajor »

looks like that could be it, but I cannot find any reference to him. Any ideas?

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”