Whats it worth? Can anyone take a guess?

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

bigsticky

Post by bigsticky »

I have a very old  9'split banboo made by Wolverine. The numbers have faded on the tube but i believe the number 3863. I have the  original soft bag and screw top lid. It could be early 1900's but im not a expert by any means.

quashnet
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by quashnet »

Click here for the information you need to share with us so that we can help give you an appraisal.Then, from Yuku Help:Adding photos to posts.Adding Photobucket images to posts.Adding/uploading images to your posts.Uploading images to your Yuku album.
Please visit and bookmark the Paul H. Young Rod Database
Other rod databases: Dickerson , Orvis , Powell

peacefisher
Master Guide

Post by peacefisher »

I believe Wolverine rods were trade rods made by Montague Rod Co. . If it's 8 1/2' or 9' with 2 tips and everything is full and equal length with bag and tube , $75-$100. Rods 7 1/2' & 8' are worth more.

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”