Yet another fishin' hat thread...

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

mdwwhw
Guide

Re: Yet another fishin' hat thread...

Post by mdwwhw »

Creakycane—Thanks for the referral to the hat. A recent medication change has left me a bit photosensitive and the hat is doggone useful for the price.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, Well silly, this is what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGgaZZl_GVg

Oh, and we gave my son, who lives in Miami, a Panama hat for Xmas. I'm pretty sure that it didn't have a 'purple hat band........

Jay Edwards

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

:lol Jay, never seen/heard that one - guess I'm too young. Cute song.

Eretansal

Post by Eretansal »

Can anyone help me with advice on what to look for when getting a new fishing hat? I've heard that SPF rating and UPF rating are both important factors to look out for when looking for your next fishing hat. You can, of course, do what a lot of us do and wear the tried and true baseball caps. This definitely will work, but there are some downsides to wearing a baseball hat. For one, the wind can knock it off your head easily due to the scoop-like brim. This is especially true if you are on a boat, even if you tighten your hat to try and prevent it. I like https://HeadwearHut.com and their philosophy. They believe everybody is their own brand and want to give you the tools to show it, loudly and proudly.
Last edited by Eretansal on 09/03/21 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

henkverhaar
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by henkverhaar »

Size?

D&R...

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Webfly »

Style?

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

I have a number of them, from straw hats to baseball hats and some hats in between. Fishing hats are either critically important gear or something to keep the sun off your noggin'. As for me, my fishing hats are critically important fishing gear. Wouldn't leave home without a couple. I say "a couple" because when I get back to the car at lunch I switch hats if it has let me down in the morning. Sometimes, when I've been shut out, that hat hasn't been worn for the rest of the season. Now, I am am not one of those superstitious people who believe hats have anything whatsoever to do with the quality of that days' fishing. But... No fish and that hat gets "benched" until I think it's learned it's lesson. :)

Pat

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”