What is your New Years fishing resolution?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Loogie
Bamboo Fanatic

What is your New Years fishing resolution?

Post by Loogie »

Mine is to learn new areas for spartina grass floodtide fishing closer to VA. I plan on learning the salt marsh just south of Wilmington, and work my way south into SC and GA. My goal is to Catch a trophy red sight casted on a grass floodtide. It is very addicting, and tough. I may have to get a flats skiff to assist my efforts. You want to talk about accurate casting? This is it, very challenging to drop a fly a foot in front of a 30" red as he swims in 8" of water making his way around the grass, when he eats, OMG, hang on! Yes I want some of that action this year!!!

Happy New Year :popcorn :D

chsparkman
Master Guide

Re: What is your New Years fishing resolution?

Post by chsparkman »

Mine is to fish when I can, tie flies more often, do as much as I can for the veterans in PHWFF, and of course, to make more rods! Oh and I need to make a new traveling fly tying box.
...as for us we pin our faith and fealty to the silk-wound PENTAGONAL rod cunningly yet simply devised of its FIVE subtle, individual triangular strips of cane throughout...

Holden, George Parker. (modified by me) Idyl of the Split Bamboo

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

To go. And actually use some of the many flies I've tied and received from others in swaps.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Mine would also be to fish... to stand and fish - my ti/plastic knee is almost 8 months old now...
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

JabaliHunter
Guide

Post by JabaliHunter »

Work fewer hours; fish more...

flyfishalso
Sport

Post by flyfishalso »

Move to Western MT and fish more next year. If the wind dies down hts afternoon i may try the Clark Fork today

Red64
Guide

Post by Red64 »

To start thinking outside the box when stillwater fishing...I start tying in January to stock up on flies and end up with more than enough flies. When "spring" rolls around here in Arizona I have a number of boxes full of flies. Then tunnel vision sets in and either I tie on a black and red simi seal leech, a pumpkin balanced leech, a perdigon nymph, water boatman, and a Klink dry. My fishing partner just rags on me unmercifully because I always fish my go to flies and he raids my fly boxes for stuff I am not going to use.. This year I am going to try and leave to "old favorites" home, I think I can do that.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Mine is to fish bamboo in more situations where I've mostly fished carbon fiber: Salt water, carp, bass etc.
Bamboo steelhead spey has been a real joy these last few years.

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

Mine will be the same as usual. I want to fish as often as I can and enjoy every moment of it. I don't want to take a moment for granted. I want to treat each moment as the special time that it really is. I want to continue to grow in our craft and continue to search for new places to fish. Yep. Same old stuff! :)

Pat
P.S. I hope 2020 is a wonderful year for you and yours! :)

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

Go on another a 5 day wilderness backpacking/fishing trip in to the Great Smoky Mountains with my 17 year old son before he goes off to college. We did that 2 years ago in the Eagle Creek area and had a blast.

That's the "big rock". Other than that, fish more and worry less and win my first IDPA match.

DUCKMANNM
Master Guide

Post by DUCKMANNM »

To go fishing at least 150 days in 2020!

archer829
Guide

Post by archer829 »

Actually use my new Grangers!

archer829
Guide

Post by archer829 »

Oh, yeah, and also to stop looking at the "My collection" thread....

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”