The road we all look for

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

The road we all look for

Post by bassman »

I left my paved driveway and turned onto the ramp for the concrete freeway. I followed that to a turnoff onto a tarmac divided highway until it lost the divider and became a two way blacktop rural roadway. I followed that to the turn off onto a graded gravel road with a number and not a name. Following that until I took a turn onto an ungraded sand and gravel rutted trail and shifted to 4 wheel High. One last turn onto two tracks with 3' of weeds and brush growing up the middle of the ruts. At this point I shift into 4 wheel low and try to keep from bottoming out the truck and hit the higher spots on the ruts.

Finally I crest a rise where the sky fills my windshield and suddenly the path drops off and there in front of me is one of those streams Hellmtflies and others show us the pictures of. We have taken the road less traveled and it has paid off handsomely.

Thanks to all those who share the great pictures of streams and lakes I am pretty much fishing in memories these days.

Nick

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: The road we all look for

Post by Hellmtflies »

Excellent Nick. Could this road have been part of that journey? :)

Loogie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Loogie »

That road looks like the one Forest Gump was running on!

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Nick, through our lives, we all get to choose the roads we travel down, and I sincerely hope the roads you have chosen have been "well" traveled Sir!
Best Regards,
John

Doug K
Master Guide

Post by Doug K »

thanks Nick.. I think about those roads a lot.. usually mine end at a trailhead (as above) with a hike to follow, since the heart incident I'm not sure how much longer that will happen.. my brother always says the best fishing is between the ears..

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

This road takes me to this wonderful place

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Sweet, Buddy!

henkverhaar
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by henkverhaar »

Doug K wrote:
09/16/20 09:48
Is that an old (like, ancient ;-) ) Karrimor backpack? Annapurna model, or close relative?

Doug K
Master Guide

Post by Doug K »

henkverhaar wrote:
09/17/20 02:49
Is that an old (like, ancient ;-) ) Karrimor backpack? Annapurna model, or close relative?
it's so old, I can't even read the model anymore ;-)
yes, a Karrimor, from 1978.. on this trip the internal frame finally wore out the pack, so the frame now sticks me in the back. I think I got my money's worth though..

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”