Exclusive Use in National Parks

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Exclusive Use in National Parks

Post by PYochim »

PT48 wrote:
09/20/20 20:08
Yes PYochim - and therein lies the rub.
It is still worth it. Plenty of beautiful places to enjoy without going near a national park.

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Exclusive Use in National Parks

Post by rsagebrush »

Last time I was in Yellowstone for a week in 2010 I never encountered another fisherman on the section of the streams and rivers I was fishing; of course there was a lot of traffic going by in places. Other than the Madison I fished lesser appreciated waters and did fine indeed. This was in late August and I certainly could not find a campground space in the Park but there were plenty available just outside of it. Beautiful place I see why people go there.
I find this in about everyplace I visit across the Country especially if I take a short walk.
Our National Parks are for everyone so they are certainly accomplishing there vision but most people rarely get away from the parking area or the short walk to the attraction.
But outside the park in in SW Montana I encountered almost no one on the stream of on the roads. Maybe things have changed since then though but I doubt it.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”