Pipes & Cigars

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Tellumnothing
Guide

Pipes & Cigars

Post by Tellumnothing »

Hello pipe smokers,
Haven't heard much from any of you lately. Thought I would start a comment to see if anyone was still out there. I've been searching for some (CAO Black) pipe tobacco and it seems to have disappeared completely. If any of you have a little stash and would be willing to share with me I would be happy to send you some currency. It's always been one of my favorites but I cannot locate it anywhere. Seems they've stopped making it. Other CAO blends are available but not "black." Keeping it smoky!
Be healthy, be safe and be happy.
Tellumnothing

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Pipes & Cigars

Post by prairieschooner »

I feel your pain and wish I could help. I had a meltdown when McClelland ceased business and my beloved British Woods went away :'(!
I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

ablecane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ablecane »

I doubt I could get my favorite anymore, either. When I heard NC was going to stop shipping, I laid up a nice supply.

Mike N
Master Guide

Post by Mike N »

A nice pipeful of vanilla tobacco makes for a peaceful walk on a brisk Fall evening.

(Tap on image to enlarge)

Mike N.
Founder, Old Reel Collectors Association (ORCA)
Member, NFLCC & FATC
Vintage Orvis collector

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

Nice, Mike! Every time I say I've bought my last pipe something pops up I just can't walk away from! Here's a recent shot reminiscent of one of Banjo's; rusticated Peterson Deerstalker from the Sherlock Holmes collection with some of my judiciously-hoarded British Woods while checking out some local pan fish water.

I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

ablecane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ablecane »

Classic shot, ps.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”