NRG bamboo builders workshop, a success

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Jim Curlee
Guide

NRG bamboo builders workshop, a success

Post by Jim Curlee »

The NRG was cancelled this year.
They still had the bamboo rod builders beginner workshop.
They had a half a dozen people sign up, Rudy and I were the only ones to show up.
Peter came and went, several times, I don't think he liked our(MY) smell, especially after a few days of camping, and fishin. lol

By the by, the fishin was pretty good, still had a hopper bite goin.
Can't believe the amount of pressure on those SW Wisconsin streams, WOW!
The only really good fishin we had was on a farm that Rudy turkey hunt's on, private water, no people, and about 2 acres of CBD weed.
That stuff is being grown all over SW Wisconsin. everybody we met looks healthy, and all of them were smiling. hum
A bunch of old guy's breakin down buds, looked mighty out of place, should have been a bunch of long haired hippie's doin the deed. LOL

I just wanted to Thank Scott Grady, and Gordon Koppin, for still having the workshop.
I have a lot more confidence about just diving in, especially after a bit of hands-on experience.
I'm sure they were a bit bummed about only havin a couple of old geezers as students, but they did a great job.
I'm glad I went.
Thanks guy's
Jim

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”