Glutton!

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Salar4me
Guide

Glutton!

Post by Salar4me »

Saw a large dead brown in some trigs in the shallows... upon closer inspection, it had a decent sized sunfish stuck in its throat... surmise that the dorsal fin on the sunfish wouldn’t allow passage in either direction.

6tUc05
Master Guide

Re: Glutton!

Post by 6tUc05 »

I doubt that the spines of the dorsal fin played a role as they will lay flat against the back in the orientation shown in the photo. More likely a case of it's being too large to pass into the gullet. The spines would definitely come into the picture in an attempt to eject it from the mouth (spit it out). to paraphrase Dr. Phil: "It let it's alligator sized mouth overload it's hummingbird sized throat".

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Glutton!

Post by bassman »

And the guide told me anything bigger that a size #20 in that river was a waste of time. :lol

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”