A wee bright spot in a dark November

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

A wee bright spot in a dark November

Post by Gnome »

Just got back the Wasting Disease test results on my doe deer I harvested at the end of October, test results were negative and that makes me really happy that I went ahead and did one dinner of backstrap and biscuits and gravy for Dad, slipped it in just before he had his stroke so He did get to eat Venison one last time before passing. The flies from the hair of this deer will all have special meaning because it was the last deer Dad and I got to work on together. That dinner was very tasty and I am looking forward to more. Deer burritos tonight, YeeHaw.

And to lose my adopted sister in the same week was devastating, R.I.P. Shelley. Love you Mike and come fish.

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: A wee bright spot in a dark November

Post by bassman »

Hate hearing news like that. You know you have my sympathies and my thoughts will be on you and your Dad today. And yes, losing a sister in the same week is twice as tough. The time I got to your cave we went in and talked rods and fishing and your Dad and my brother stayed outside and talked cars and trucks. You saw that he got in many trips in these last few years and even 60 years later I remember our last fishing trip with my Dad.

mer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by mer »

Timing is everything. Glad to hear Dad got a good meal, sorry to hear about Shelley.

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

Jeff;

I'm very sorry for your losses, but happy that you and your dad shared a great meal together.

Pat

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”