USPS serious delays

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: USPS serious delays

Post by Hellmtflies »

Hellmtflies wrote:
12/17/20 16:52
Thank you for posting this. No worries. I have had a FF item en route for almost a month now from Virginia. Usually it takes about 3-4 days. I'm sure it will arrive sometime in the future. Assuming they all don't go "Postal". :)
:wave The item I purchased from Virginia on 12-2 finally arrived today, 12-23. :wave Only 21 days since it was postmarked! Not bad huh? Given the circumstances.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Package from Redmond, WA to Elburn Small Town, IL
Shipped 12/22 expected delivery 12/28, just arrives today.
Dang bunch of slackers.......... not.

quashnet
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by quashnet »

So this is a nice one, right? Although I like the fly rods of the 1950s, when it comes to jewelry I am definitely partial to the Edwardian era. I think she will like it too.

So on December 11 - thirteen days ago - I ordered this ring online from a jeweler in London, England. The promised date for international delivery had already passed. For security, the jeweler doesn't keep this stock at the place of business. Someone had to go get it, log it out of inventory, pack it, and put it into UK Royal Mail.
Dec. 12: processed through Langley, UK
Dec. 16: processed through ISC New York, USA
Dec. 20: USPS in Queens, NY
Dec. 22: USPS at Providence, RI
Dec. 24: Arrived at my house this afternoon and will be under the tree on Christmas morning, having traveled across two countries and through customs in thirteen days. My postal delivery guy handed the package to me and we each wished each other a Merry Christmas. Let's remember that many of these postal workers are armed forces veterans with families. They served with pride then, and they do so now. My feeling is, don't tell them "Thank you for your service" back then, if you're not willing to thank them for their service now. And have a Merry Christmas, because I sure intend to.
Please visit and bookmark the Paul H. Young Rod Database
Other rod databases: Dickerson , Orvis , Powell

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

+1 Charlie.
I should be such a lucky girl!!

Capt. Frank
Master Guide

Post by Capt. Frank »

Talked to a postal driver, he said, that due to Wuhan Virus, they were short many truck drivers.

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Greg Reynolds »

At least 80% of our non-grocery purchases are made with domestic online suppliers. We haven't experienced a single late delivery by the USPS, UPS or FedEx in recent months.

jim royston
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jim royston »

My package that has been floating around since 12/4 arrived today. It had been within 15 miles of my house for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It arrived with another package that was mailed from California a week ago at most.

reelsmith
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by reelsmith »

Good article on the current state of the USPS

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/business ... index.html

Dean.

thegubster
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by thegubster »

reelsmith wrote:
12/29/20 10:40
Good article on the current state of the USPS

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/business ... index.html

Dean.

Dean, thank you. Our nation is indeed under pressures the likes we've not seen in decades b/c of this virus jobbie and the tragedy that it's wrought.

At least for me, it was good to be made more aware of what industries are going through at present! Seems the "tsunami" of incoming packages was quite unexpected...certainly a shocker for many to read about!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

I ordered some flies from Alberta, Canada on Nov. 22nd and no show yet. Our post office here in central NY state is well run and our regular carrier is a great guy. I can understand the overwhelming pressure put on the system and it stinks to have hopes and expectations fizzle but it is par for the course.
I'm chalking it up to just one more fly in the ointment this year.

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Well, kudos to the USPS -- I sent a reel out to Bill Archuleta priority mail on Monday and the tracking said it was received today (it was scheduled to arrive 1/4). No complaints here.

joaniebo
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by joaniebo »

My son lives approx. 20 miles away. He mailed our Christmas card on December 17th. As of today (the 31st), still not here.

Bob

alberta al
Master Guide

Post by alberta al »

Canada Post is a real beauty too. I sent a Christmas package to my brother in Chicago. It has taken 26 days to go from Saskatoon to Vancouver where it was handed off to USPS.

I am sure happy that I paid for the guaranteed 5 business day delivery.

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

alberta al, did your Christmas swap package arrive yet? Maybe you told me it did but I missed it.

alberta al
Master Guide

Post by alberta al »

bassman wrote:
01/01/21 20:59
alberta al, did your Christmas swap package arrive yet? Maybe you told me it did but I missed it.
Hey Nick,

Not yet. We did switch over to sled dogs up here, so the mail coming and going is slower. I’ll let you know when the flies show up. I am looking forward to seeing the swap flies.

Cheers,

Alan

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Don't get too excited. The elves said you'd been bad last year and I think your gift is a rusty tin box with a lump of coal. 'Course you can use the coal for heat up there. I do have a tracking # but don't know how good follow through is across the border. They won't let people cross the border so I don't know if they're letting packages.

Vaughanwilson3022
Master Guide

Post by Vaughanwilson3022 »

Packaged shipped 12/7 from MN to NC hasn’t arrived yet, but packaged shipped 12/10 from Australia made it in less than 3 weeks.

thegubster
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by thegubster »

Vaughanwilson3022 wrote:
01/02/21 07:36
Packaged shipped 12/7 from MN to NC hasn’t arrived yet, but packaged shipped 12/10 from Australia made it in less than 3 weeks.

It's got something to do with kangaroos. They kick arse on reindeer any day.... :lol

Hang tight, 2021 is going to a bang-up year that'll make us all forget about this past 31,536,000 seconds! :pipe

DaveNJ
Master Guide

Post by DaveNJ »

One of my recent "2 day" priority packages from Jersey to Massachusetts took about 3 weeks and was off the map for much of it.

alberta al
Master Guide

Post by alberta al »

Hey Nick,

I’ll save the coal for the February cold streak!

We are having a bit of a heat wave up here right now. The high today was +3C.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”