Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

udiablo
Sport

Re: Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by udiablo »

Wife and I completed the 2nd shot awhile back in OK and last week that state moved on to phase 4, vaccinating ages 16 and older. There are still some cities with mask mandate, but far less now. Some years we'd be back in CO by now, but not til June this year because of work backlog bulge, a good problem to have but the international travel is really difficult now to accomplish. The choice to get vaccinated is a personal thing and I respect the opinions of those that opt to not do it. But I certainly hope that all that want to be vaccinated can get it accomplished soon, including our good neighbors to the north in Canada. Am very glad to hear that vaccination is progressing there also.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Got my first dose yesterday. Wish I could say I didn't have any reaction, but that wasn't the case. Hoping to feel better shortly. Must say, I'm not looking forward to my second dose in 4 weeks.
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Something to keep in mind is that there is patient to patient variability. Just because someone's relative felt crappy after the second dose doesn't mean they will. No two patients will necessarily react the same. Medicine is not an exact science. It is not an art either. There are two numbers in medicine that have any significance. If it happens to you it is 100%. If it doesn't it's obviously zero. There is nothing in between.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

My wife and I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Neither one of us had felt any after effects other than a bit of soreness in the arm that received the injection. Other than that we are both feeling much relieved. Still living like hermits, haven't been to a restaurant or the gym in over a year etc. and I quit working last year to stay away from others, but much relieved. Hopefully by then end of this year we will start to get back to some type of normal life. We'll see. Fingers crossed! :)

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Not yet here.
First the elderly and people in 'crucial jobs' gets them here in The Netherlands. I'm probably too young :D

hatch
Master Guide

Post by hatch »

Got my second shot last Wednesday March 31. Did have side effects but what you gonna do. In Maine on Wednesday April 7 all people 16 and over can get shots when vaccine available.

MKA
Sport

Post by MKA »

I received my J&J shot yesterday...so far, no side effects at all.

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

Got my first Pfizer on April 2nd. Second shot is April 23rd. No side effects at all. I'm 63 and exercise regularly. If I didn't have a history of AFIB under my belt from four years ago I probably would not get the shot though.

Rockthief
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Rockthief »

Dear wife and I are three weeks past our second shot. 👍 Today a friend and I hugged. Oh wow it felt good. It was awkward at first but then it was joyful.

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Just got my first dose of Moderna, waiting for Bill Gates' genius RNA to kick in.

Or is that Pfizer? Regardless, there's finally a light at the end of this yearlong tunnel.

davemaine
Guide

Post by davemaine »

First dose today! Maine opened up to everyone yesterday and I (48) was lucky enough to get a spot for today. I went to one of the mass vaccination sites and was very impressed with how efficiently it was run and how friendly everyone was--especially the volunteers. It made me grateful for the many, many people who have done their part (or gone way above and beyond) to help others this past year. People working together for the common good--that's what it is (or at least should be!) all about.

Heddon20
Guide

Post by Heddon20 »

It's great that more and more here are able to get the vaccine now! My wife (who's in the Nursing Program at the local collge) will be one of the folks who will be administering shots at the vaccine clinic at our Fairground next Thurs. CA is opening up vaccine eligibility to everyone 16 and older on the 15th so that clinic will be a busy place!

Really does feel like there is a light at the end of this awful year long tunnel now.
Brian

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Work set-up appointments for me & my family members living with me; got my first shot today. Headed down to Miami and the Keys in a couple of weeks
Glad for any protection!
Previously known as bamboocollector11

Skimpole
Sport

Post by Skimpole »

66 yo in PA. Got my first pfizer jab three weeks ago. Arm got fairly sore but not debilitating by any means. Got my second jab yesterday. Again arm soreness, but not as sore as the first jab. That may have been because I flexed it more this second time to include 4 hours of fishing. The worst of the soreness lasted a day in each instance. No other symptoms.

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kermit »

I got shot twice and I'm still standing! I hope you and your all are doing just as well. Get your vaccine!
Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

I’m two months out from my second shot and will need a darn booster soon! Trying to get home delivery for my disabled child, but no luck yet. Haven’t altered my behavior one bit, except I did allow my wife to give me a haircut today in a new level of intimacy. Pretty scary.

woody osborne
Guide

Post by woody osborne »

i got second moderna about a week ago. first shot-a little soreness. second shot- memories of terrible hangovers. nasty times. got shot in the morning, went out that night(truckdriver). drank water and took tylenol . it helped somewhat. symptoms lingered just for a couple of days.

sodbank
Master Guide

Post by sodbank »

Both my wife & I are a month out from our second Pfizer shot , no issues.
If a booster is needed in the future, sign us up!

nativebrownie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by nativebrownie »

Had second Pfizer dose two weeks ago - some tiredness, but not dramatic. Very happy that our college is back to full face2face operations in the fall. Our population, by now, has enough time and resources for needed vaccinations. Both of my workplaces were centered on the well being of the staff - many are older - that was gratifying to see.
According to the CDC, current evidence is pointing to less probability of transmitting the virus to others if one is vaccinated. Makes common sense to me as your level of infection should be less when vaccinated...
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... eople.html
What is odd to me is that few are talking about how important the vaccine is to reduce the probability of infecting others.

Drossi
Master Guide

Post by Drossi »

Been about a month since the 2nd Pfizer dose for the wife and I. No ill effects for either. I wasn't afraid before nor am I now. She's been teaching school live a few days week since Sept. I'm back in the office 4 days a week. Frequent hand sanitizing and common sense help a lot.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”