Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

barebo
Master Guide

Re: Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by barebo »

Yes - 2 doses of the Phizer and am second guessing it? On Thursday the 8th I got #2 and on Tuesday noticed 4 "bumps" on my arm. I thought I'd been bitten by a spider. A few days later I have a major outbreak of a rash that the doctor claims is poison ivy. I've had poison ivy a few times and this is not it. It is popping up all over with zero indication as to why. My wife found an article where folks receiving the Phizer had experienced the exact reaction having a Herpes Zoester virus erupt. 8 days now and I'm at a loss? Back to the doc's office tomorrow?

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

topical steroids should help. A friend had a similar reaction and that is what he was prescribed. You need doctor strength script

tabrods406
Guide

Post by tabrods406 »

Got my second shot of Moderna yesterday. Felt fine last night but this morning felt like I got run over by a truck. This afternoon better but tired.

It's always something!

My wife didn't want to get the shot. She's waiting to see what happens to me. I told her if I turned into a zombie in 6 months she has my permission to shoot me.....

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

Update on prior post - it was getting to the point that I went to a Dermatologist and son of a gun - it IS Poison Ivy! Steroids and heavy duty lotions.
I haven't been in any vines so I'm at a loss.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

pets can transfer the poison ivy oils to you

Loogie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Loogie »

barebo wrote:
04/22/21 16:30
Update on prior post - it was getting to the point that I went to a Dermatologist and son of a gun - it IS Poison Ivy! Steroids and heavy duty lotions.
If you are over 50, you might want to check to make sure that poison Ivy is not the Shingles. Dont ask me how I know, I thought my dogs gave me poison Ivy Jan 2020, and it ended up being the shingles. I got my shingles Vax last Aug and this past Jan, its a two step process. BTW I would Rec the shingles Vax for anyone over 50, the shingles crap was super painful and long lasting, lucky I had a mild case on my left shoulder. I hope to never deal with that again!

thegreek
Sport

Post by thegreek »

Just shot up the second time last week. I feel like Achilles! Oh, oh ... I hope my heel is protected too.

Gnat
Sport

Post by Gnat »

barebo wrote:
Interesting, in general, I think of poison ivy as "itchy" and shingles as "painful."

Loogie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Loogie »

Gnat wrote:
04/23/21 17:57
barebo wrote:
Interesting, in general, I think of poison ivy as "itchy" and shingles as "painful."
My Shingles started out just like poison Ivy, very itchy spots and very similar to poison ivy. I went to a doc after second day of what I thought was poison ivy on my shoulder and she identified it as shingles pretty quick. She mentioned pretty easy to confuse in the early stages, and yes the pain came soon after but it wasn't on the sores, it was on the left side of my cranium, shingles is a weird virus!

Vaughanwilson3022
Master Guide

Post by Vaughanwilson3022 »

Got second Moderna yesterday. Nothing yesterday, minor soreness at injection site and headache today, tylenol took care of it.

Shingles is horrible - don’t want to have it again as had mild case on upper left arm - it was itchy and painful.

bobk
Master Guide

Post by bobk »

My shingles started off like poison ivy but got worse so I went to doctor. The worst discomfort and pain I've ever experienced. Definitely get the shingles shot if you haven't........

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Second Moderna dose yesterday afternoon. Not feeling bad at all just a little dizzy. Better than first dose. Hope I don’t get whacked next couple days and looking forward to full protection in a couple weeks.

At this time last year it was seriously scary and not knowing if a vaccine was even feasible.

John

JohnMD1022
Master Guide

Post by JohnMD1022 »

You poor soul.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”