Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Heddon20
Guide

Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by Heddon20 »

I got my 1st shot (Moderna vaccine) on 1/7 and am going for the 2nd shot next Thurs. Can't wait! Side effect wasn't too bad. I was tired/fatigued for 2 days and had headache on and off both days, and then was fine by Sun AM. I will say this. You'll feel a huge sense of relief/stress reduction after you get vaccinated :D
Brian

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys Wow1 Me too, next Thursday is my #2. I just had a slightly sore arm. Our county is in NW Colorado and is white on a Covid map that is mostly red. We're still masking and distancing, etc. With the latest variants, who knows how long and what to do! The protocols are easy, so we'll just continue on.....

Edit: Done, we got our second shot today,1/4/21.

Edit: Kicked our old asses for three days, but back to normal now.

Jay Edwards
Last edited by bluesjay on 02/09/21 15:37, edited 3 times in total.

GRASSNGLASS
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GRASSNGLASS »

First yesterday, injection site sore, but that's it so far.

Moderna also.

mac7x
Master Guide

Post by mac7x »

First one yesterday. Arm a bit sore, and I've been very thirsty all evening. Will probably have to get up several times during the night.
Pfizer-BioNTech, so second shot in three weeks.

hatch
Master Guide

Post by hatch »

I posted several weeks ago that my 97 year old father with COPD had covid/pneumonia and spent five days in the hospital then returned home. On Jan 11 he turned 98. He claims since his bout with Covid his eyesight has improved! Part of his treatment in the hospital involved steroids. They reduce inflammation. Perhaps this effected the muscles around his eyes? Covid is strange stuff.

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Basye and I get our first shot tomorrow at 8AM! Should be a great relief to get them especially for her since she's an Ovarian and Pancreatic cancer survivor.

Ralph

jimwright
Master Guide

Post by jimwright »

My wife and I got the first Pfizer shot on Thursday and will have the second on 2/18. I usually have flu symptoms for a day after a flu vaccine but like my wife felt fine after these.

DaveNJ
Master Guide

Post by DaveNJ »

I'm eligible and don't know why (36, good shape, non smoker, no pre existing conditions), but I think I'm going to wait to see what's going on with the mutant strains and Moderna's booster shot before I commit to a vaccine.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

With the medical personnel getting preference I'm thinking about returning to work (for only one day) so I can get mine. Ages 65 to 70 and healthy are nowhere on the horizon as far as receiving the vaccine.

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

This vaccine rollout is a joke, especially here in California. I'm 72, and will be lucky to get one by this summer.

kentuckyjim
Guide

Post by kentuckyjim »

Susan and I get our second shot next Saturday. Our son has had his second shot with just some soreness in his shoulder. Can’t wait to put some normalcy back in our lives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vaughanwilson3022
Master Guide

Post by Vaughanwilson3022 »

Same in NC. At current pace, those of us younger than 65 could be late 2021 or into 2022 at current vaccine availability rates and Pfizer, etc at maximum production capacity.

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Got mine yesterday here in Charleston. Follow up in two weeks.
Waiting it out patiently 'till my 'youngster' wife can request hers.
In SC you can request a 'better' appointment until a date opens you like,
(typically because of various appointment cancellations); I tried three times before getting this one.
Felt like buying tickets to a Stones concert, but persistence pays off.
THAT is my advice: Be your own advocate, be persistent, be nice, take it when you can get it.
Wear the freakin' mask . . .
paul
charleston sc

jim royston
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jim royston »

We got a phone call from our neighbor last Wednesday night. We walked into a neighborhood pharmacy the next morning and walked out 5 minutes later with the vaccination.
We felt like we won the lottery. Here in Texas, it seems to rolling along for the 65 and olders. I got an email from the county that we were on the list for Feb 1 week, which of course we'll decline. We have friends, seniors, who are not going to get it. Go figure!

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Montana has currently run out if the vaccine. No idea as to when we get more or to whom will get it first. I'm not even close to getting mine. My better half fortunately is a bit older than I and will get hers way before me. Good for her but we are still out of the vaccine. Note that I have heard from two very good doctors locally here and personal friends of mine that the local hospital was giving it to not only the front line workers as it should be but also the administrators who were elbowing their way into the line and received the vaccine before all of the front line nurses etc. got theirs. Politics. Sad. I won't be getting mine until sometime this summer. Maybe. So for now my wife and I are staying absolutely clear of any socializing, get togethers, etc. etc. We are staying away from everyone we can unless it's absolutely necessary. We're getting a ton of flies tied and XC skiing away from folks. Can't wait for 2022. :)

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Looks like this 'politics' is an universal disease...

labvis
Sport

Post by labvis »

Deemed a front line health care worker(pharmacist) here in New York State so I received my first dose( Moderna) and according to CDC guidelines will receive second dose after 4 weeks time. Availability here it seems is pretty much in line with most other states. I work for a retail supermarket chain and will be administering them as well once we can obtain vaccine from the state. Some of our locations have received very limited supplies and as expected most folks are beyond frustrated with the lack of product availability. At this point, those able to make appointments and receive vaccinations have done so by continually checking in with retail pharmacies and state run clinics. Unfortunately, as stated above, persistence is the key, at least here in the Excelsior state.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

ibookje wrote:
01/30/21 10:22
They've all been vaccinated.

paramount
Master Guide

Post by paramount »

Up here in Oregon wife and I (over 65) haven't got the vaccine yet. Maybe..... in late February? Trying to have patience, some days are better than others.

Bruce

uniquafly
Master Guide

Post by uniquafly »

PYochim wrote:
01/30/21 10:52
ibookje wrote:
01/30/21 10:22
They've all been vaccinated.
:rollin
“He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.”

Norman Maclean

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”