Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

gaddis
Master Guide

Re: Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by gaddis »

Standing in line for my first shot right now.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Happy to see you gaddis!

Getting my 2nd shot in one hour.
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

Jeff, Some have suggested not using advil because it may reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

Cathy and I got our second Shot (Moderna) 2 weeks ago. No negative side affects either time for me. Cathy had chills, fever and aches for about 12 hours on the second day after the second shot. Both doing fine now.

Pat

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

crowebeetle wrote:
03/13/21 15:54
Jeff, Some have suggested not using advil because it may reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
The CDC handout they gave us said to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

Post shot is OK but taking it before will apparently reduce the effectiveness of the immune process. CDC suggestion also.

gaddis
Master Guide

Post by gaddis »

Brian Shaffer wrote:
03/13/21 15:46
Happy to see you gaddis!
Ditto Brian :)

redietz
Master Guide

Post by redietz »

spruce grouse wrote:
03/06/21 13:12
Got my first on 2/22 at Six Flags America. Didn’t even have to get out of my car. Big thanks to the National Guard.
Got mine there Thursday. I was pretty achy the next, but nothing too bad.

Pastor Ben
Sport

Post by Pastor Ben »

hey there

I got my second vaccine wednesday(Pfizer).....and as I was checking out the nice young lady at the desk informed me that I did get a new chip to replace the prototype from 20099(brain surgery ).... I asked how will I know if I got the apple chip or the Microsoft chip....she said if I hear Seattle radio stations it’s Microsoft....if I hear San Francisco stations it’s Apple.....
I’m hearing Ukrainian stations....this can’t be good?

kidding aside
no real serious reactions sore arm....some fatigue, but my Chronic pain masks alot of aches...

My wife (health care worker) was done by the first of the year....no real issues

Will hold those who are waiting in my prayers

Grace and peace

Ben
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~ Robert Frost

Bud
Master Guide

Post by Bud »

Wife and I had second Modera shot Wednesday. Wife had pretty tough reaction and a day in bed. Still has some rash. I had no side effects whatsoever.

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kermit »

Nothing for me yet. I'm in the 65 and over crowd with no underlying conditions. In New Mexico, were so far behind the 65 and over curve that people are forced to "fend for themselves" and "scatter to the wind" out of state (Texas or Colorado) where you can get a fix at any drive up window! I'll hang out in the bunker for a little while longer to see which way this thing goes. If I get in a pinch, I'll head for the border!
Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

Lorncell

Post by Lorncell »

Booked for my first shot beginning of April up here in Alberta.

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by adrien schnee »

Good to hear you could get it booked Lornce. My dad got his first Pfizer jab Friday in Camrose, no issues. Very slight tenderness in his arm he said, but no more than with his annual flu shot. My mom will likely have hers this months as well. Though Canada is far behind the US in per capita vaccinations, they’re kicking into gear finally,

Make sure you don’t get the shot in your casting arm in case you get out to the Bow the next day and hook another 6 foot sturgeon on a wooly bugger!

Heddon20
Guide

Post by Heddon20 »

It's great that so many here are now able to get their shots or have already finished the series! Once the 14 day waiting period after shot #2 is done, you can then go out in public (still wearing a mask of course) and not worry about it. That's a lot better than before. I always dreaded going out shopping, etc. pre-vaccine.

I think if we can get through the next 2-3 weeks (spring break time) without a big increase in cases, then should be smooth sailing since the next big holiday weekend won't be until Memorial Day and we might have as much as 50% of the population vaccinated by then. That will help a lot!
Brian

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

All done and looking forward to getting on a plane and seeing my grandchildren for the first time in a year.

tomimc1
Sport

Post by tomimc1 »

Yay Science! :wave

We got our first jab of Moderna on Friday...shoulder was quite sore for two days and finally relented this morning, the flu shot in the fall hardly bothered me. My sinuses/sinus's/sini? felt a little off Saturday, partner had a tender shoulder for 24hrs and that was the most acute thing for her. We were both dragging most of the wknd with some full body fatigue.

I guess after avoiding germy bits for 12 months the body got a little wake up call. Sure was awesome to go a whole year without a cold or nothing of the sort, working from home hasn't been all that bad.

troutnut
Master Guide

Post by troutnut »

Got second one on Saturday the 3/13 Little bit of a headache this time.
Fred

Salar4me
Guide

Post by Salar4me »

My extremely significant other received her second Pfizer shot today and can barely lift her arm - also a headache. I was fortunate enough today to get the J&J vaccine this am and my arm is just a wee bit tender. For the linguistic experts, I apologize up front for my run on sentences, grammatical and punctuation errors...

I trust my health to my dr.’s who have the education, training, and experience to take care of my rapidly aging body. When a Peerless reel had some issues, I sent it to Arch. I no longer attempt to play around with the electrical systems on my vehicles, save fuses. If someone needs an appraisal of Grampy’s priceless fish’en stick, they will post their first and often last request here (Refusing to read the directions and then attacking the dignity of those who take the time to respond when told their unlabeled treasure without the mid section, a few ferrules, bag, tube, and single - albeit short by 17’ 5/8” - tipped rod may not allow them to retire tomorrow).

Some things are better left to professionals. Case in point, my self inflicted hair cut of May 2020.

Peace,

Jim Roz

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Jim, this post -- and attitude -- are hilarious, ahaha.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

I dunno Jim, that asymmetrical haircut is right on trend.

Got my pfirst Pfizer jab today. Yay!

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”